DISN Global Support Center
DSN: (510) 376-3222 or (312) 850-4790
CML: (800) 554-3476 or (614) 692-4790
(301) 225-2800, DSN: 312-375-2800
EMSS HelpDesk (24 x 7)
DSN: (312) 282-1048
Toll Free: 1-877-449-0600
Remote: 4411 (from a working EMSS Handset)
HOW TO ORDER
Services can be ordered using the DDOE application located on DISA Direct.
EMSS provides deployed warfighters and partnering agencies with global communications through security and user prioritization enhancements to commercial Mobile Satellite Services (MSS). EMSS includes global handheld voice, data, paging, and sim-less Short Burst Data (SBD) communications.
EMSS is a capability provided by DoD that features global data transfer and securable voice communications. The service allows real-time access to other EMSS users, the SBU Voice and commercial U.S. and international telephone networks through the Iridium satellite network.
EMSS also offers the Distributed Tactical Communication System (DTCS), which is a secure tactical hand-held satellite radio that provides on-the-move, over-the-horizon, beyond line-of-sight, voice, position location information and narrow band data communications to disadvantage users in austere environments.
- Secure Voice — Encrypts voice communications using National Security Agency (NSA) Type-1 devices.
- Prioritization — Mission partners can allow or deny access to the service in the event of a national emergency.
- Basic Telephony — Mission partners can place or receive a secure call.
- Circuit-Switched Data — Provides mission partners with a means of communicating (e.g., transmitting and receiving) high-capacity data with data terminal equipment.
- Sim-less SBD — Provides a non-circuit-switched high-capacity means of transmitting and receiving packets of data to and from compatible SBD subscriber devices, sending and receiving short data, which is mainly used for asset tracking and remote monitoring.
- Paging — Mission partners can receive numeric or text pages.
- Router Unrestricted Digital Information Connectivity Solution (RUDICS/Apollo) — Custom devices in the field may connect to servers on the SBU IP Data and provides no additional service logic beyond a transport pipe by which to transmit mission partner data.
- Netted Communication — Using DTCS, allows users to communicate within a group, but prohibits outsiders from accessing the cmmunications.
||Enhanced Mobile Satellite Services (EMSS) |
|Service Lifecycle Status
||Maintain & Sustain |
||Up to and including Top Secret (TS) |
|Value to Our Mission Partners
||The EMSS handsets (satellite phones) enable the warfighter to communicate with the SBU Voice, Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) and SBU IP Data services by leveraging the EMSS gateway that interfaces with those services.|
Service performance is measured, monitored, and reported as defined in the Telecommunications Service Level Agreement, which can be found on the Telecommunications Service Level Agreement page.
||Service rate information can be found on the DISA Direct Home page at https://www.disadirect.disa.mil under Inventory and Billing.|