To find the rates associated with this service, please contact your Enterprise Services Directorate (ESD) Customer Management EXecutive (CME) team.
HOW TO ORDER
This service can be obtained by working with your ESD CME team to identify the specifics of your requirement.
Technical support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties with DSE, please contact the applicable service desk for support.
New service requests: Mission Partners interested in learning more about this service should contact their ESD CME team.
ESD SLM: email@example.com
DSE is an integrated dashboard that brings together the existing capabilities (Metadata Registry [MDR], Net-Centric Publisher [NCP], Service Discovery [SD], Enterprise Authoritative Data Source [EADS] Registry) into a common modular framework. It contains the structural and semantic metadata artifacts critical to successful development, operation, and maintenance of existing and future capabilities that support the DoD Net-Centric Data Strategy and Net-Centric Services Strategy. Its goal is to facilitate information sharing across the DoD, allowing users to publish and discover information resources, data sources, and services. As the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (OASD) Executive Agent, DISA maintains and operates the DSE under the direction and oversight of DoD Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Provides an easy-to-use functionally-oriented user interface enabling seamless access to:
- Discover – Search metadata (schemas, taxonomies, Web Services Description Languages [WSDLs], Extensible Markup Language [XML], access control policies, style-sheets, data structures, etc.), services, providers, namespaces, Communities of Interest (COI), and authoritative data sources
- Publish – Publish NEW metadata, services, providers, Enterprise Catalog, namespaces, COIs, and authoritative data sources
- Services – Provides various views on top of services and providers
- Governance – Provides various views of governance structures, like namespaces, COIs, mission areas, domains, and governing authorities
- Metrics – Reports on metadata, activity, and service management
VALUE TO OUR MISSION PARTNERS
The MDR is a central, federation-capable site for the publication and distributed management of metadata. It is a virtual "place" where collections of metadata components, in which DoD organizations and others have invested, can be:
- Published, visible, accessible, and understandable to large audiences
- Transparently and collaboratively evolved and otherwise managed by representatives of a large, diverse, and geographically distributed group of people and organizations
- Monitored to determine contextual relevance (importance/priority), quality, usage, and other factors that affect engineering and resourcing (future investment) decisions
- Exploited by the machine-to-machine process in support of such functions as validation and transformation
SD is the DoD’s designated enterprise tool for worldwide content discovery. It allows the users to define their search criteria and discover content provided via a centralized search engine, federated data sources, and the Enterprise Catalog.
The EADS registry acts as a key enabler to make data visible, accessible, and understandable. It provides:
- Greater data visibility and accessibility by implementing an Enterprise service
- Reduces cost and improves timeliness through the consolidation of EADS
- Eliminates the need to stand up and manage individual registries' streamlines search and access
- Provides a set of tools to register and discover data services across the DoD
- DSE 2.0 (September 2012)
- DSE 2.1 (FY13)
- Deployable DSE (FY13)