Workforce accomplishments recognized during DISA and JFHQ-DODIN annual awards ceremony
DISA and Joint Force Headquarters – DOD Information Networks (JFHQ-DODIN) held their annual awards ceremony March 30 at DISA headquarters.
Employees around the world gathered in-person and virtually to recognize military and civilian individuals and teams for their outstanding achievements during the 2016 calendar year.
Army LTG Alan R. Lynn, director of DISA and commander of JFHQ-DODIN, led the presentation of 45 awards, which recognized accomplishments spanning a range of disciplines, such as:
- Delivering the first accredited top-secret/secret compartmentalized information mobile classified voice system for use by the 45th presidential administration.
- Saving taxpayers more than $64 million through the use of a single, integrated procurement system.
- Directing incident response for the DOD’s “Hack the Pentagon” initiative, which identified 128 vulnerabilities and tracked the activities of 1,400 hackers.
- Adjusting the acquisition process for commercial satellite communications, resulting in an immediate cost savings of more than $475 million.
- Implementing the Windows 10 Secure Host Baseline across the DISANet well ahead of the Secretary of Defense-mandated timeline.
- Awarding $1.6 billion to small businesses in fiscal year 2016. With 30 percent of contracts awarded to small businesses, DISA was-almost 9 percent above the DOD goal.
“I keep hearing these accomplishments and saying to myself, ‘Wow … incredible people making incredible advances for the nation,” said Lynn. “It is truly amazing.”
Susan Hoffman was one of several distinguished guests at the event. She presented the civilian leadership award named after her late husband, George J. Hoffman, former DISA comptroller.
“George Hoffman believed that public service was a very great obligation and an honor and privilege. I thank DISA for continuing to recognize his dedication in some of your finest employees,” she said.
Individual award winners received a memento and certificate. Team award winners received a framed note from Lynn and a certificate.
“It’s incredible what the team has accomplished over this past year,” said Lynn at the conclusion of the ceremony. “I look forward to seeing what we’re going to do this next year.”
Posted March 30, 2017