Inmarsat is pre-existing, pre-engineered Mobile Satellite Services (MSS) billed on a per usage (e.g., minute, MB, etc.) basis. Inmarsat comprises IP-based Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN), Fleet Broadband (for maritime communications), and Swift Broadband (for aeronautical communications) services, as well as a range of legacy services. Inmarsat services are available through service- and customer-specific Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) available through GSA IT Schedule 70 SIN 132-55. Each BPA will be awarded to a single vendor. Each BPA vendor will provide ongoing customer technical support for all services ordered through that BPA.
These services include: commercial satellite airtime and equipment for voice and data communications; land-mobile or ship-to-ship, ship-to-shore, shore-to-ship, and air/ground/air services on a global basis, including calls made to foreign earth stations and transparent connectivity into the existing Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).
Additional services include:
- Secure and Non-Secure Airtime Services, Mobile, Maritime and Aero Inmarsat areas
- Equipment Purchase and Lease
- Equipment Maintenance and Installation
- Operational and Maintenance Training
- Systems Engineering Support
- Terrestrial Interconnection Services to support Mobile Satellite Service
Value to Our Mission Partners
Inmarsat provides warfighters with access to satellite-based services through mobile terminals.