FOR MORE INFORMATION
(301) 225-3042, DSN (312)-375
Operations Directorates (OPS) Technical Director (OPS TD) is the agency focal point for network operations (NetOps) requirements, standards, policies, and processes. OPS facilitate enterprise-wide implementation and operations of net-centric solutions across the GIG for the nation's warfighters and all those who support them.
OPS TD ensures that secure, interoperable, and reliable net-centric solutions are available across the GIG in support of the full spectrum of military requirements and operations.
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR PRIORITIES
Ensure critical DISA programs, systems, applications, and services are properly tailored and synchronized to COCOM and MILDEP priorities and requirements:
- Optimizing support to each COCOM, the Joint Staff, and the NATO Command, Control and Communications (C3) Agency by enabling Field Commanders and their staffs to work directly with those entities in the Agency who deliver capabilities to our customers, to include Program Executive Offices (PEOs) and associated Program Managers (PMs), Network Services, Computing Services, and other capability providers
- Synchronizing and coordinating services and capabilities with stakeholders, mission partners and other organizations, when developing the capabilities that feed into the overall network operations architecture
- Providing subject-matter expertise and implementation management through each of the Field Units in order to provide better service to the COCOMs
- Synchronizing DISA operational capabilities via Service Level Agreements with CC/S/As and other customers
- Expand our relationships with the MILDEPs for better cognizance of their priorities and requirements as it relates to DISA programs, systems, applications, and services
Transform and advocate for DISA Network Operations (NetOps)
- Execute Operational Governance for NetOps Readiness to ensure NetOps integration into DISA technologies
- Develop NetOps technical and operational requirements for DISA-managed emerging capabilities into the appropriate design, development, acceptance, deployment and sustainment processes
- Team with partner directorates to synchronize agency efforts to plan, prepare, implement, support, and sustain DISA-developed products that satisfy NetOps requirements
- Chair the Agency NetOps Readiness Review Board, responsible for assessing Agency efforts to ensure that NetOps criteria are achieved within critical DISA programs, systems, applications, and services
Improve information sharing, collaboration, and knowledge management efforts across the Operations Directorate
- Lead OPS efforts to improve information sharing across the directorate.
- Ensure OPS divisions and field office commands are actively engaged in information sharing venues and the development of communications processes to support effective knowledge management for the directorate
- Partner with other DISA directorates on knowledge management best practices, tools, business intelligence solutions, and information sharing solutions