FOR MORE INFORMATION
Peterson AFB, CO
(719) 554-3800 / 5962, DSN 692
Leverage DISA and CYBERCOM engineering, planning, and NetOps resources and expertise to the Warfighter to conduct Homeland Defense and Civil Support missions. DISA NORTHCOM is the single DISA voice for US Northern Command (USNORTHCOM) and the Colorado Front Range.
- Focal point for Combatant Commanders/Component customer service.
- Provides the warfighters in theater with seamless, end-to-end, integrated information services that are flexible, interoperable, reliable, affordable and sustainable.
- Plans, schedules, monitors and manages support to contingency and exercise operations of the Combatant Commanders and the supporting forces (ie. components, JTFs, SOFs).
- Supports the implementation of the GIG in the theater of responsibility as authorized by the Director DISA and in accordance with DISA Headquarters policy and procedures.
- Develops, exercises, and updates Combatant Commanders OPLANs to ensure DISA support in response to crises and major exercises. Coordinates Combatant Commanders initiatives, requirements within DISA and coordinates DISA initiatives/requirements to the Combatant Commanders and with others in the AOR, as appropriate.
- Provides theater management of DoD networks, standards, and security.
- Provides the Combatant Commanders with information technology planning and technical support.
- The DISA NORTHCOM Theater NetOps Center (TNC) in conjunction with the Global NetOps Support Center (GNSC) performs network management and control functions on the GIG within the AOR.
- Maintains close coordination with other DISA Field Commanders supporting those systems and circuits which traverse between AORs.
DISA NORTHCOM Field Office is responsible for the following specific function:
- Provides support to the United States Northern Command (USNORTHCOM), North America Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) and their components.
- Regional liaison for DISA-provided services and solutions to local DOD organizations in the greater Colorado Front Range region and their subordinates.
The Commander of DISA NORTHCOM reports directly to and receives operational direction from the Principal Director for GIG Operations.