FOR MORE INFORMATION
(757) 836-5753, DSN 836
The DISA-JFCOM Field Office (FO) has a two-fold mission: to provide DISA Command, Control, Communications, Computers & Intelligence (C4I) and Network Operations (NetOps) support for USJFCOM daily and contingency operations and to synchronize DISA and USJFCOM initiatives to transform DoD to full Net-Centric Operations & Warfare capability.
The mission focuses on ensuring USJFCOM has the communications and computing services it needs to conduct its mission (Defense Information Systems Network (DISN), Standardized Tactical Entry Point (STEP)/Teleport, DISN Video Services-Global (DVS-G), etc).
To accomplish this mission, the DISA-JFCOM FO has liaison officers positioned in USJFCOM Directorates (J3/4, J6, J7, J8 and J9), and Joint Systems Integration Center along with other “matrixed” civilian and contractor support from the HQ DISA Program Executive Offices (PEOs), GIG Enterprise Services Engineering Directorate (GE), Network Services Directorate (NS), Test & Evaluation Executive (TE) and GIG Operations Field Security Office (FSO). This team is critical to maintaining open lines of communication and ensuring that DISA and USJFCOM initiatives are thoroughly and properly vetted.
The Vision of DISA-USJFCOM is to know our mission partners so well that we anticipate their needs for DISA services to support command operations and transformational initiatives in order to transition capabilities into the hands of the warfighter—to be “known, trusted and out in front."
DISA-USJFCOM directs and coordinates DISA support to USJFCOM and its subordinate commands (US Army Forces Command (FORSCOM), Naval Network Warfare Command (NETWARCOM), Air Combat Command (ACC) and Marine Forces Command (MARFORCOM)) in the areas of:
- Global Information Grid/Defense Information Systems Network (GIG/DISN) NetOps, through its Mission Assurance Security Capability (MASC) and Information Assurance (IA) support;
- Circuit/bandwidth provisioning;
- Command & Control (C2) capability, through applications such as Global Command & Control System (GCCS), NCES and Global Combat Support System (GCSS);
- Joint systems integration, by leveraging USJFCOM Joint Systems Integration Center (JSIC) and DISA Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) capabilities;
- DVS-G video teleconferencing support;
- Joint Operational Architecture development for Joint National Training Capability (JNTC), Joint Enabling Capabilities Command (JECC) and Homeland Security (HLS);
- Implementation plans for Joint C4 military transformation initiatives;
- Implementation plans for Multinational Limited Objective Experiments;
- Information Technology acquisition;
- Migration of multiple disparate classified and unclassified networks to the DISN.
- Assist USJFCOM execute their Joint Training Mission by assisting in development of their Joint Training and Experimentation Network.
The DISA JFCOM FO also directs and coordinates DISA support to local Tidewater area organizations such as Northwest STEP/Teleport, Naval Station Norfolk and Fort Monroe.
The Commander, DISA JFCOM reports to and receives operational direction from the DISA Principal Director for GIG Operations.